We are launching our "This is Beach Tennis" video series on Facebook and Instagram shortly. Check us out and follow along for all our newest content.
Learn Beach Tennis
"A mix of beach volleyball, tennis and badminton."
Court Size and Equipment
- Beach tennis is played as singles or doubles
- Regulation net height is 5 ft. 8 inch high
- Width of an official Beach Tennis court is 26 1/4 ft. (8 meters) for doubles.
- Length of an official Beach Tennis court is 52 1/2 ft. (16 meters) for doubles.
- Beach Tennis Paddle are made of either carbon or fiber glass with a core foam middle. Max length is 50cm. Typical weight is 330g-360g
The rules of beach tennis are similar to those of regular tennis.
- Scoring is 15-30-40 with no advantage; at 40-40 (deuce) next point wins.
- Lets are in play
- One serve is allowed per point.
- The ball does NOT hit the sand. If it does, the volley is over and a point is awarded.
- If the ball strikes the line in any way the shot is good
- No part of a player's body or his/her equipment may touch the net or cross the plane of the net (over or under). If it does, that player's team will lose the point being played.
- The player serving must stay behind the base line while serving. If any part of a player's body touches the base line in his/her service motion before hitting the ball, it is considered a foot fault and the serving team will lose the point
- Only one hit is allowed to get the ball over the net; in doubles, you may not pass the ball to your partner.
Keep in Close Contact.
Keep in Close Contact
Plus receive 15% off your first paddle purchase.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device
Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.